Re: draft release announcement

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 04:27:02PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Something was pointed out to me on IRC the other night that you may want
> > to take into consideration when framing any mention of crypto in the
> > release announcement.  From /usr/share/doc/libssl0.9.6/copyright:
> >
> >  * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
> >  *    software must display the following acknowledgment:
> >  *    "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project
> >  *    for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)"
> >  *
>
> Sigh, how lame. I'll add a footnote.

Why don't we just mention crypto in main generally but omit reference to
OpenSSL specifically?

It's no more than they deserve for clinging to that license clause.

One would think people could take a damn hint, already:

ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If a man ate a pound of pasta and a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    pound of antipasto, would they