Re: 'package of the week'

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 09:18:20AM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> > > Unless someone (debianplanet? debian weekly news?) wants to take it
> > > over (and transfer it to a Debian server)

> > I submitted your post verbatim to debianPlanet.  I hadn't known of
> > your effort until now, but I think it's a great idea.  Since DP is
> > a weblog, it'll bring in that community forum aspect to the
> > package of the week.  DP already has tips-n-tricks, but these seem
> > to be posted in a very periodic manner.  The very nature of the
> > package of the week should drum up greater response and
> > participation.

> > Again, great idea, if you haven't heard it enough already.

> DP doesn't run by the will of some divine power, y'know, it also
> requires a person to post such things...

Maybe a different name would be better.  I had work to do, and
producing a new 'package of the week' got to be a chore pretty
quickly.  Something that could be updated as volunteers became
available without betraying the name might be more suitable.  Thanks
for the encouragement, in any case:-)

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/