Re: C++ ...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 05:07:56PM +0200, Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando wrote:

>    I want to understand why the specific said: "C++ immature" ...

Since the way in which C++ is represented in object files is still prone
to change on a fairly regular basis files compiled with one C++ compiler
are likely not to link with those produced by another standardising the
format used is not yet a good idea.

>    Would KDE be excluded based on this immaturity ?

Yes, unless the vendor followed the advice given and links statically
with C++ libraries.  Note that this only applies to LSB packages -
regular Debian packages won't have any such problems.