Re: RFC: Packaging buildd

Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> cum veritate scripsit:

> > Anyway, "pbuilder" is one such project, that seems to be
> > working almost. It rebuilds almost all of Debian archive now.
> > Few more quirks to go.

> Well, my project goes much further, it is basically a "generic"
> autobuilder with a plugin for .dsc/.deb (just like APT is a generic
> package library with plugins for Debian).

pbuilder is just a glue for existing tools.
It doesn't aim to go far.

There are parts lacking in current Debian systems, that
needed some attention.

The most lacking part is the problem of source not building.
buildd needs source that can be built, not some collection
of source that can or cannot be built.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4