Re: XFree 4.2.0 - again

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:30, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 07:37:11PM -0700, David D.W. Downey wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 April 2002 00:29, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > > Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net> wrote:
> > > Probably Geforce4 (usable with the nonfree Nvidia-driver on 4.1.*) or
> > > some Laptop-Chipset (Savage-something?)
> >
> > Well, so much for me going after 4.2 on my own then. I've got an nVidia
> > GX200 4X AGP, basicly the same family. Then again, while I do bust
> > Branden's nuts on the debian-devel channel about wanting 4.2, he knows
> > I'm joking. Perfectly content with 4.1.x.
>
> I didn't say this.  I have no idea what might or might not be supported
> regarding GeForce cards.  Don't own one, don't plan on owning one.

I own two GeForce cards.  One of them is running on the binary-only driver
from NVidia, and the other is using the frame-buffer driver (and the NVidia
frame buffer).  Both work fine in 4.1.x.

I don't know which sub-version of the GeForce cards I'm using, I just got
whatever was cheapest at the time (you'd have to be crazy to buy a high-end
NVidia card - they release new models every 6 months and the old models then
sell for less than half price).