Re: XFree 4.2.0 - again

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 06:30:20AM +0300, Lasse Karkkainen <tronic2@sci.fi> was heard to say:
> I guess you didn't read my original message: the problem is that I know
> next to nothing about Debian.

  Yes, that sums it up pretty well.

  I'm feeling a bit generous, so I'll hand you a piece of advice, gratis.
If I had to say what the fastest way is to get yourself flamed or ignored,
it would probably be this:

  Barge into a technical discussion group focussed on a topic you clearly
and admittedly haven't a clue on.  Attack one of the most prominent and
technically respected members of the group.  Suggest that he is incompetent
to perform a particular task, one in which his past and present performance
is widely acknowledged to be superb.  Suggest that this task, known to
be complex and difficult, is easy because you did something passingly
similar once.  Finish with vague and unsubstantiated predictions of
catastrophic results if your outrageous recommendations are not followed.

  In fact, I'm having a lot of difficulty imagining anything that could
make your credibility on this list drop faster and harder than you're
managing right now.  I suggest that you do a small amount of research
before posting again; maybe even try to learn from the other replies
you've gotten.

  If you stubbornly persist in your current path, I predict that you
will land in the killfiles of a large proportion of the list readers
within 24-48 hours.  Speaking for myself, I have wasted far too much of
my own time on this email already.

  Daniel

--
/-------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@brown.edu> --------------------\
|                 "The spork is strong with him..." -- Fluble                 |