Re: Please test this woody cd image

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 04:55:03PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:45:35AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman écrivait:
> > On CD *1*?  Surely you don't plan to introduce new features in such a
> > core component mere weeks before the scheduled release?  There is no way
> > that it could receive sufficient testing in that time.  If we must have
> > a new experimental boot feature, it should go on one of the other CDs in
> > the set.
>
> I usually appreciate your enlightened comments, but here they are not
> useful at all. This decision has been taken in coordination with Anthony
> (yes he was reluctant but it's not like I completely ignored what he said
> ...) and you're speaking of things that you don't know since you haven't
> followed the complete discussion on debian-cd.
>
> Please trust the debian-cd team and spend your time more wisely ...

It's true, in the end this is not my decision, and the final result will (as
usual) be determined by consensus.  If I am truly alone in my concerns, then
my ranting won't matter, but the only way to find out is to make loud
noises.  I will of course continue to help test the installation process.

--
 - mdz