Re: creating package.substvars

Shaun Jackman <sjackman@shaw.ca> cum veritate scripsit:

> I'm packaging a library that includes three separate binary packages.
> 1) the shared library (libnjb0)
> 2) the dev library (libnjb-dev)
> 3) sample code (libnjb-samples)
>
> I would like debhelper to create three separate package.substvars files, but
> it's only creating the one substvars. I've read all the documentation I can
> get my hands, but I can't seem to make it behave the way I want. So, two
> questions: Is what I want the correct way of doing it? How do I make
> debhelper do it?

1. this question belongs in -mentors
2. the dev library probably won't need the substvars, if it doesn't have
   any binary, or shared library inside it.
3. Looking at your question, it is most likely that you've got
   more things wrong in the first go. Please read
   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html
   if it helps you at all.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4