Re: creating package.substvars

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 02:46:48PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> I'm packaging a library that includes three separate binary packages.
> 1) the shared library (libnjb0)
> 2) the dev library (libnjb-dev)
> 3) sample code (libnjb-samples)
>
> I would like debhelper to create three separate package.substvars files, but
> it's only creating the one substvars. I've read all the documentation I can

Are you sure of this?

For my package, Heimdal, I use:

Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}

everywhere (well.... almost), but this does not mean that the generated
depends is the the same for every generated package.

(although you it may not be appropriate for the -dev package)

The debian-mentors mailing list might be better for this type of
package. errr... I mean for this type of question.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>