Re: Python module for debconf

Josselin Mouette <josselin.mouette@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Being tired of the shell, and not knowing perl enough, I have written a
> little python module for debconf.
>
> I haven't tested it thouroughly, but it seems to work fine. Of course, I
> intend to use it, but if people are interested, it can be found at :
> http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~jmouette/debian/

  Hi,

    I personaly prefer to use Python rather than Perl.
    However, there is a drawback in using a python-debconf:
    as long as python is not essential, you will force people
    to install python in order to be able to install other
    packages (since there will be a dependency on python-debconf).

    Currently, the advantage of using the shell or the perl
    interfaçe to debconf is that perl-base is essential, so
    it will necessarily be installed on your system.

    I think that this can be discussed though.

    Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>