Re: Howto: Be volunteer developer for debian

[Adam Majer]
> In theory, a good way to start is to adopt an orphaned package.
> You can find more information about packages that need work
> and other thing in:

Another good alternative is to check bugs and submit patches into BTS
for the packages you care about (including the base and standard
packages I hope).  This will give you a good understanding on how the
packages are constructed, and improve the changes of Debian Woody
appearing. :-)

Check <URL:http://base.debian.net/>,
<URL:http://standard.debian.net/>,
<URL:http://master.debian.org/~wakkerma/bugs/> and
<URL:http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html> for a
list of packages needing work.

I'm sure the current maintainer of these packages would like patches
and more information on the bugs. :-)