Re: Init with user db in local LDAP (slapd): On service dependencies

> The symlink /etc/rc2.d/S20slapd will cause slapd to be started. Some
> system accounts and virtually all user accounts are handled by slapd.
> However, many other services are also started by /etc/rc2.d/S20*, and
> most of these will be started before slapd because they come before
> slapd in alphabetical order. One simple solution to this would be to
> keep all system accounts in /etc/passwd, so if I do, I lose, right?
> But otherwise it should be acceptable to keep accounts in a database
> handled by a local slapd, right?

Although i see your reasoning and example, i'm not sure why you are not
happy to keep system accounts stored in /etc/passwd, as afterall they
refer to the local system. There doesnt seem to be any great benefit
keeping these accounts in a distributed database such as ldap, or is
there? I'm implementing a ldap directory server for user data and i had
planned to keep system accounts local.

Please share you views

Cheers
--