Re: Debian's problems, Debian's future

#include <hallo.h>
Wichert Akkerman wrote on Wed Mar 27, 2002 um 03:04:55PM:

> > The current debconf'isation and how it is often done, confuses more
> > and more. Preinst and postinst scripts bomb you with thousands of
> > questions before you even got a chance to have read the docs.
> > We need an additional level for package's configuration state:
> > "fine-configured".
>
> Oh my, would this be exactly the same as the priority you have for
> debconf questions?

It may be solved with priority levels, if

 - maintainer has better control about levels
 - it is possible to not configure some things, mark unconfigured things
   somewhere and allow reconfiguration of them later.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Wenn du eine weise Antwort verlangst, musst du vernuenftig fragen.
                                                           (Goethe)