Re: Open source VOCAL software from www.vovida.org

Raghavan Kripakaran wrote:

> I would like to ask if any volunteer Debian developer is interested in
> packaging VOCAL software so VOCAL can be available from the Debian Linux
> distribution?
>
> Let me know if you are interested,

Hi Raghavan,

The VOCAL software certinaly looks interesting.  I have registered your
request for a Debian package with our "Work-Needing and Prospective Packages"
page at http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

I too might also been interested in packaging VOCAL, as I am the current
Debian maintainer of the H.323 gatekeeper as well as the telephony servers
bayonne and asterisk.

Whist the size of  VOCAL might pose a problem, we might well be able to break
the VOCAL software into its components for multiple Debian GNU/Linux packages.

Mark