Re: lm_sensors and alsa for _not_ custom built kernel?

Thanks for your input, the lm-sensors package now builds and installs OK.

I found that the following steps were necessary for a successful build
and to get the correct module dependencies:
(Are there more simple solutions available?)

Install kernel-image-2.4.18-686
Install and unpack kernel-source-2.4.18
Install kernel-headers-2.4.18-686
Install lm-sensors
Install and unpack lm-sensors-source
cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18
cp /boot/config-2.4.18-686 ./.config
# Do not make config/menuconfig/xconfig
make dep
cd /usr/src/modules/lm-sensors
fakeroot ./debian/rules KSRC=/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18-686 KVERS=2.4.18-686 KDREV=2.4.18-4 kdist_image

With this setup also alsa-modules builds OK.

I also second that kernel-package should support building the
additional kernel modules. Another alternative would be that the
package maintainer builds these packages in addition to the kernels
themself, but this would maybe add a lot to the number of packages to
build and distribute.