Re: /etc/mailname manual page

> Why should a mail reader be able to modified it ?

Because if, in the future, some mail reader does start modifying it,
someone won't start complaining about the documentation not saying a
mail reader can modify it.

(This is a possible, if unlikely situation - consider a web based mail
system for all users of the system, with the administrator being able to
set the visible system name. The actual system would call a smarthost
for all outgoing email, and wouldn't itself be an MTA, but it would
definitely be a mail reader, and one that might want to modify the
/etc/mailname file).
--
 - Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>  -  http://www.sacredchao.net
  "What I did was justified because I had a policy of my own... It's