Re: Censorship? WTF? [was Re: ITP: mencal -- A menstruation calendar]

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:36:03PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:54:42AM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > Please stop the censorship. If we have a problem with the archive size, we
> > need to start NOW to do something against it. But stopping people from
>                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^
> > packaging (useful) Free Software is for sure not the solution. What comes to
>
> I can't stop anyone from doing anything. Plus any unilateral action by anyone
> would not make sense. I rather look at debian-devel as a discussion forum than
> anything else.

I recall that you saying that we should vote before a package could
enter the archive, I think Bernd was referring to that.

> PS. And please STOP USING THE WORK CENSORSHIP all over the place! :) It makes
> the word loose its meaning just like people overusing the word racist. Then
> when people need to use it, no one gives you know what.

If a few DDs decide which packages go into the distribution that is a
form of censorship.

> Plus I never knew that
> freedom of expression was censorship!!!!! LOL!

Nobody said that.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org