Re: Cryptographic software in main archive

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:47:06AM +0100, Noel Koethe wrote:
> It makes sense to me to have a daemon with and without -ssl (eg
> postfix, exim, apache,..) but makes it sense for other programms.
> I mean for example wget, w3m, lynx, lftp, links,... who have a -ssl
> pendant in non-US.
> I would like to add the -ssl configure option to the program in main
> and remove program-ssl in non-US (like the webmin maintainer did but the
> was no reaction to his mail, afaik).
>
> Maybe someone can help me to understand why this way is a problem?

We're trying to get a release out, not make more changes that are likely
to break things. And trust me, no matter how trivial a change like this
might seem, there are good odds that it'll turn out to take a month or
two before it's back to normal again.

There's no need for us to risk that, so we're not. Just move the packages,
don't merge them.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey