Re: ITP: mencal -- A menstruation calendar

"Adam Majer" <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> writes:

> This is NOT about _censorware_ or other crap like that. It about making
> the Packages file less than a gig. Why the hell do we even have 386 as
> a platform? or m64k? When you need tons of ram just to load Packages?

Ah, that's a different problem.

It was once said on Usenet: "we can't add that group, because rn can
only support N groups" (rn used a static array).

But that was a bug in rn.  It may well be that it's time for Debian to
think about how to split up the Packages file so it doesn't require
re-downloading the entire database on every update to it.

Do you have suggestions about how to fix that problem?

Thomas