Re: GCC 3.x?

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 11:21, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> ... not to mention that GCC 3.1, which will be out about the same time
> as woody, is both:
>   - another ABI change, while they bugfix the documented 3.0 ABI
>   - astoundingly better
>
> I suspect we will skip 3.0 entirely.

This will at least give us a uniform "Have to change the ABI for
everything" solution across all architectures, even ones which currently
use GCC 3.0.

However, I'm very interested: Just what is the "astoundingly better"?
Can you point me to something that lists what sort of changes will be in
gcc 3.1?

And, finally, I've heard rumbles of this ABI change being the last, or
something. (I don't remember where.) Is this true?

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.