Re: apps not showing up in menus

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 05:59:07PM -0800, "Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing@duckwing.ca> was heard to say:
> I've installed a few apps recently that do not show up in menus. Games
> like LBreakout2 don't show up in my Gnome games menu or even in the
> Sawfish menu hierarchy.

  File bugs, but lbreakout2 already has a menu entry!

  There are two things I'd check:

  (A) Are you using Debian menus?  Sawfish and Gnome have an NIH-induced
    menu system that's completely separate.  I think Debian's Gnome
    shows a "Debian" menu entry by default, but you have to add
    (require 'debian-menu) and (setq apps-menu debian-menu) to
    ~/.sawfish.rc.

  (B) Are you really sure lbreakout2 isn't showing up?  The menus are
    sorted case-sensitively, which is horrid and confusing, so it might
    be farther down than you expect.

  Daniel

|            "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot             |
|             stamping on a human face -- forever." -- 1984                   |
\-- Does your computer have Super Cow Powers? ------- http://www.debian.org --/