apps not showing up in menus

I've installed a few apps recently that do not show up in menus. Games
like LBreakout2 don't show up in my Gnome games menu or even in the
Sawfish menu hierarchy.

Other apps also do this upon install (too many to mention). Is there a
good way to make them show up or do I have to file a bug report for
every one that has this problem?

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                          duckwing@duckwing.ca
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.17)              http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

  Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!