Re: apps not showing up in menus

* Daniel Burrows (dburrows@debian.org) wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 05:59:07PM -0800, "Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing@duckwing.ca> was heard to say:
> > I've installed a few apps recently that do not show up in menus. Games
> > like LBreakout2 don't show up in my Gnome games menu or even in the
> > Sawfish menu hierarchy.
>
>   File bugs, but lbreakout2 already has a menu entry!
>
>   There are two things I'd check:
>
>   (A) Are you using Debian menus?  Sawfish and Gnome have an NIH-induced
>     menu system that's completely separate.  I think Debian's Gnome
>     shows a "Debian" menu entry by default, but you have to add
>     (require 'debian-menu) and (setq apps-menu debian-menu) to
>     ~/.sawfish.rc.

ahh, there it is in the Debian menu. I guess I was expecting it to
appear in the Gnome games menu (and really it should) but I can maybe
add it later or something.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                          duckwing@duckwing.ca
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.17)              http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

  Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!