Re: Accepted traceroute 1.4a12-6 (i386 source)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:56, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> wrote:
> > Obviously you haven't been paying attention to his work as SPI
> > treasurer. Amazingly enough he has shown that he can indeed be a
> > calm person with a good sense of judgement. You also can't deny
> > that in both modes he does manage to get a lot of work done.
>
> Quite the contrary.  I think he makes a fine treasurer.  However, there
> is an improtant difference between the treasurer and the DPL.  If the
> treasurer runs amok, then the DPL can replace him.  If the DPL runs amok,
> it is much harder and would cause much more damage to Debian to remove him.

I don't think that anyone expects that any of the candidates is likely to
"run amok".  I think that all the candidates are quite OK.  I think that the
issue is not that someone is good and someone else is bad but a matter of
degree.

I also think that in this thread you are getting the opposite of the result
you desire.

I feel no need to publically comment on who I will vote for, who I won't vote
for, or why.

I believe that if we get into the mud-slinging politics then we will be
little better than the people we have representing us in Canberra.