Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

Quoting Lazarus Long (lazarus@overdue.ddts.net):
> Again,  there is no excuse for racism in Debian.  Other packages have
> elided the inappropriate material in the past, as they should.  An IRC
> client has no business being racist.  Debian is a distribution that
> specifically caters to children; note the debian-junior project.  As it
> stands, your package is inappropriate to be on the box my daughter uses.
Then don't install it on the box your daughter uses. Debian is about
freedom, not censorship. Shielding from 'sensitive' material is a decision
every parent can make by themselves, and it is _not_ the responsability of
an organisation like Debian to make such a decision.
It can be hard to be 'honest' when freedom is concerned, but it should be
applied equally to standpoints you support, and to standpoints you're
against.

Greets,
	Robert (who obviously is against racism, but that's not the point)

--
			      Linux Generation
   encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdm@debian.org for my GnuPG/PGP key.