Re: Book listing web site? (Re: [OT] Book Recommendation: Software Architect Boot Camp)

* Karl M. Hegbloom (karlheg@microsharp.com) wrote :

>     Thom> * Karl M. Hegbloom (karlheg@microsharp.com) wrote :
>     >> >>>>> "Thom" == Thom May <thom@debian.org> writes:
>     >>
>     Thom> * Karl M. Hegbloom (karlheg@microsharp.com) wrote :

>     >> of the Debian developers.  Granted, it's already a high traffic list,
>     >> but I don't expect that query to generate more than a few responses
>     >> and that those responses would prove useful to more people than just
>     >> myself.  Many of us enjoy reading things other than mailing lists,
>     >> and are not subscribed to all of them.
>     >>
>     Thom> Belatedly, and only to you.
>
>  How special.  And back to the list, ONE MORE TIME; PLEASE END IT HERE
>  UNLESS IT RELATES TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Right, well, since you've now sunk to the level of including private emails
to mailling lists, which I didn't because this is not anything that
debian-devel needs to read, I feel the need to reply.

>     Thom> It is not to do with the _development_ of Debian,which is
>     Thom> what the list is for. Thus, it is off topic, and frankly
>     Thom> crap.
>
>  In what way is technical reading material not related to the
>  development of Debian and Free Software?

When it is on a list which is busy anyway, and devoted to questions
regarding the Debian distribution. your questions are better aimed
elsewhere.
(Try, for example, open-source-developer@zork.net, but I doubt they want
you, either.)

>     Thom> (And thus a perfect target for -curiosa, which is meant for
>     Thom> discussions of things that would be offtopic else where but
>     Thom> still interesting for debian users.)
>
>  Well, sorry for the fuzz pucks.  I just thought I'd interject here on
>  -devel since it's likely to be the most frequented list by the sort
>  of people who know what all the good books are, and what books I
>  should read to get "on the same page" as the cabal.

TINC.

>     Thom> Anything with OT in the title shouldn't be on -devel.
>
>  Oh, then I should not have put "OT" in the title.

It'd still be OT.

>     Thom> And I object to the "No need to be rude, Thom" line. I
>     Thom> wasn't being rude. I was asking a question.
>
>  Well, then I'm sorry to have rubbed your lamp the wrong way.  I wish
>  you would just send me a reading list and be done with it.

Read this, and ponder:

* debian-devel: Development of Debian

-Thom