Re: Book listing web site? (Re: [OT] Book Recommendation: Software Architect Boot Camp)

    Thom> No, but I'd quite like to know why this crap is on _debian_-_devel_
    Thom> try somewhere else. like -user. or curiosa. frankly, anywhere but here.
    >>
    >> No need to be rude, Thom.
    >>
    >> It's here becuase I wanted to ask the opinion and query the knowledge
    >> of the Debian developers.  Granted, it's already a high traffic list,
    >> but I don't expect that query to generate more than a few responses
    >> and that those responses would prove useful to more people than just
    >> myself.  Many of us enjoy reading things other than mailing lists,
    >> and are not subscribed to all of them.
    >>
    Thom> Belatedly, and only to you.

 How special.  And back to the list, ONE MORE TIME; PLEASE END IT HERE
 UNLESS IT RELATES TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

    Thom> It is not to do with the _development_ of Debian,which is
    Thom> what the list is for. Thus, it is off topic, and frankly
    Thom> crap.

 In what way is technical reading material not related to the
 development of Debian and Free Software?

    Thom> (And thus a perfect target for -curiosa, which is meant for
    Thom> discussions of things that would be offtopic else where but
    Thom> still interesting for debian users.)

 Well, sorry for the fuzz pucks.  I just thought I'd interject here on
 -devel since it's likely to be the most frequented list by the sort
 of people who know what all the good books are, and what books I
 should read to get "on the same page" as the cabal.

    Thom> Yes, I enjoy reading. And no, not just lists. so kindly take
    Thom> that rather rude aspersion back.

 Ok, I hereby take it back.  I'm sorry Thom.  I did not mean to offend
 anyone.  I'm just looking for a good spend of my book budget.

    Thom> Anything with OT in the title shouldn't be on -devel.

 Oh, then I should not have put "OT" in the title.

    Thom> And I object to the "No need to be rude, Thom" line. I
    Thom> wasn't being rude. I was asking a question.

 Well, then I'm sorry to have rubbed your lamp the wrong way.  I wish
 you would just send me a reading list and be done with it.

--
mailto: (Karl M. Hegbloom) karlheg@microsharp.com
Free the Software  http://www.debian.org/social_contract