Re: CVS priority standard?

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:12:21AM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 12-Mar-02, 04:56 (CST), Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> wrote:
> > So it looks like cvs is used more than rcs...

> I think, that in this case, the result is probably biased. I'd guess
> that the popularity contest is more likely to be run by Debian
> developers and geek/programmer types than, say, your average sysadmin
> with 20 Debian servers in a rack, or the newly advanced user who is
> converting his desktop from Redhat to Debian. The former are *far* more
> likely to use CVS than the latter, whereas the sysadmin (at least) is
> quite possibly using rcs to manage her config files.

FWIW, I have popcon installed on several production servers, because I'm
interested in having that demographic represented as well... and I don't
use RCS.  But I suppose that just puts me in category #3, the
zany-sysadmins-who-use-popcon-and-therefore-not-rcs category. ;)

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer