Re: CVS priority standard?

On 12-Mar-02, 04:56 (CST), Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> wrote:
> So it looks like cvs is used more than rcs...

I think, that in this case, the result is probably biased. I'd guess
that the popularity contest is more likely to be run by Debian
developers and geek/programmer types than, say, your average sysadmin
with 20 Debian servers in a rack, or the newly advanced user who is
converting his desktop from Redhat to Debian. The former are *far* more
likely to use CVS than the latter, whereas the sysadmin (at least) is
quite possibly using rcs to manage her config files.

> i'd suggest removing rcs from standard as well.
> (I use cvs everyday, but i can't remember typing rcs...)

I use both: CVS is great for managing directories of stuff, but pretty
much impossible for dealing with individual independent files.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland