Re: fortunes-i18n ?

Hi,

At Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:48:03 +0100 (CET),
Andreas Tille wrote:

> I just have uploaded fortunes-de_0.5 to auric/incoming.  I tried
> dpkg-divert to replace the original /usr/games/fortune by a wrapper
> which pays attention to the current locale settings.  I suggest that
> other fortune-${lang} maintainers would have a look at this wrapper
> and include their own language settings to get a fully localized
> fortune.  May be the wrapper script should be extracted from
> fortunes-de and put into the fortune package itself, but I have not
> time to care about this.

Though I have not researched your script yet, can you ask your
script (or other locale-detecting mechanism) to be included in
the upstream level?  I think that all softwares which should be
internationalized should be internationalized in the upstream
level.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/