Re: fortunes-i18n ?

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:

> Though I have not researched your script yet, can you ask your
> script (or other locale-detecting mechanism) to be included in
> the upstream level?  I think that all softwares which should be
> internationalized should be internationalized in the upstream
> level.
I would really love that, so I just CC: this hint to the apropriate
bug in the BTS (#122219).  I hope the maintainer will step in and
would have a look at the script which is installed in the place of
/usr/games/fortune in the new fortune packages fortunes-de-0.5.

By the way:

  - I consider the script as a hack.
  - I see no real reason why fortune should not be localized natively
    instead using this hack.
  - I have no spare time to spend on this problem and would love if
    someone would step in.

Kind regards

          Andreas.