Re: Microsoft SPAM!!! Complain at magazines ;)

<snip>
Scott Henson <shenson2@wvu.edu> wrote:
Sorry to be the person that rains on everyone's parade.  But, debian has
never(is that right never?) enforced the policy, so basically it makes
it null and void.  Debian would have to write a new version of the
policy, then send that policy out to all the lists saying that this is
the new policy and if you want to keep using the list you have to agree
to it.  Then one would have to start enforcing the policies for anyone
and everyone that sends spam to the lists.  Personally I would recommend
that debian does this because if debian started enforcing the spam
policy debian would have a lot more money for development, and people
would stop spamming the lists, sorry but that is just my opinion.  Feel
free to flame me if I am wrong on any point.  Peace kid.

</quote>

That's fine, but sewing oversea spammers can be difficult.  In some countries a legal system with real interest in "internet crime/torts" is practically non-existant (I won't name any countries....)

Phil