Re: distributable but non-free documents

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 04:22:10PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> No, I am an unimpressed with the argument that standards documents must
> be regarded as sacred, unalterable texts, lest the universe collapse
> into primeval chaos.

However, I don't see why that should give much problems. You don't
want to change to standards anyhow. Changing the document to develop
internet standards is allowed. Translating is allowed. I'm not sure
chaning the format is allowed, but that would be useful too. But other
than that, I don't see how it restricts the user.

And probably I forget if the case that is useful to be able to modify
the document. If there is such a case that would change my opinion,
but I don't see it at the moment.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org