Re: Preliminary SDL 1.2.3+cvs packages available

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:44:41AM -0800, Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net> was heard to say:
>  - This undoes the changes Branden made back in October which altered the
>    SDL ABI.  This means that apps using  SDL MAY NEED TO BE RECOMPILED,
>    though the half a dozen games I have linked against the old libs just
>    worked fine for me.

  Out of curiosity, why, and do these solve the problems we had with SDL
that prompted the changes?  (failures to compile or problems with
programs that linked against it on non-i386 architectures, IIRC)
  Also, why are you about to upload a CVS snapshot of a working package
shortly before we freeze?

  Is it related to this?
  * Upstream fix for #114808 brings Debian's ABI back inline with that
    used by other distributions (Closes: #136237)

  (I apologize if this seems like an ignorant or hostile question; I
   am ignorant, and it isn't meant to be hostile :) )

  Daniel

|               Hi, I'm a .signature virus!                                   |
|               Copy me into your .signature to help me spread!               |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/