Re: autoconf question

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 10:19:36PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> I believe the symptoms you describe come from mixing autoconf versions,
> e.g. running autoconf 2.13 on a configure script that uses 2.5x or
> vice-versa.  [The problem is probably that "aclocal.m4" was created
> with the other version of autoconf.]
>
> You can usually recover by re-running aclocal & then autoconf.
> But you have to get the versions right.  As Ben said, you can
> force autoconf2.50 by putting AC_PREREQ(2.50) in configure.in.

hmmm.... I tried all three autoconf commands, and all three failed.

The only reason I tried specifically refering to a version, was
because the default command failed.

I tried "aclocal", then "autoconf", but that failed too.

I even tried deleting aclocal.m4 first, then running
"aclocal", and then "autoconf", but the same error.

Then I tried deleting aclocal.m4 then "autoconf", but the same error.