Re: expired key

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:44:30AM +0800, Peter Crystal wrote:
> This is probably a very stupid question, however, what do
> I do if my GPG key has expired? I just discovered, after
> finally getting better of exhaustion, injury and general
> self-badness, that I cant upload packages because my key
> is expired.
>
> Of course, the obvious answer would be:
> 	"You should have updated it 6 months ago"
> but in this situation, I would like a more practical answer ;)

Simplest solution:  Make a new key, get it signed by a developer, and send
it to probably James(? I'm not sure who else does keyring maintenance
these days) and ask him to add it to the keyring.  Your name's Peter, not
Karl, so I assume that I probably don't need to repeat that, but I will
anyway:  You NEED to get the new key signed by another developer before
it'll be accepted.

I believe keyring.debian.org allows updates, but not additions.  (I assume
anyway that it does not allow additions, though it just let me update my
key - this message reminded me to update my key with this email address..)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>              glDisable (DX8_CRAP);

<Deek> Yes, America is a country based on how pissed-off a group of taxed
       people can get.
<Deek> We exist as a country because we're cheap.