Re: Package splitting and upgrades

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 10:07:45PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > We chose the best options of those available, that was not an error.
>
> Well, according to the apt-get maintainer, it was.

Never mind the fact he never complained to us (the release notes people),
but I think we did choose the best option -- we recommended dist-upgrade and
then listed all the packages that could have been lost with the upgrade.
Having an amount of people discontent for being forced to read the
documentation was better than having any amount of people get lost in the
maze of conflict resolution screens and give up on upgrading.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.