Re: feedback wanted alternative Debian installation system

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 07:11:51AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > PGI is presented as an alternative Debian installation system, not as a
> > > boot-floppies killer.
> >
> > boot-floppies is already on its death bed. It needs an heir, not someone
> > to twist the knife.
>
> I'm very interested in seeing if PGI can be made into what the
> debian-installer project needs.

Even if those two happen to be incompatible eventually, we could still
put them on Disc 1 and 2 of the official set in Woody+1, no?

AFAIK SuSE does this already: They have their graphical installer on the
first CD, but if you have problems with it, you can try the text-based
installer from CD 2 (Don't know if they still do this though)

It sure is very nice to have these powerful Progeny tools like
autoinstall and piggy in Debian Main now.

Michael