Re: gpm in standard or not

Craig Dickson <crdic@yahoo.com> writes:

> Having gpm installed makes X mouse configuration much more complicated.
> Not only do you have to get X's own configuration right, but gpm's as
> well, which is pointless if you don't use console mode.

On the contrary, it makes X configuration much more simple.  I install
X with mouse type MouseSystems regardless of which mouse is attached
to the box.  It's much easier configured in gpmconfig because you can
test your mouse settings instantly.

And with my laptop I can simply restart gpm when the mouse doesn't
work after suspend/resume, instead of having to restart X.

just my 2¢
  manolo