Re: The new installer

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Adam McKenna wrote:

> I'm not sure I like the way the new installer works -- it seems as though
> when I upload a package, it is immediately "accepted", and the bugs are
> closed, but then the package still takes the normal 1-2 days to make it into
> the main archive.  It seems to me that we shouldn't be closing open bugs
> until the package is actually available.

Well, the package *is* available, although from incoming. Maybe the "bug
closed" message sent to the submitter should tell her to go there (or even
have full URLs, since incoming's index is rather large) or wait a few days
until the package is in unstable.

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4