Re: feedback wanted alternative Debian installation system

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 03:38:51AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Because of that, some of us at Progeny have spent some time whipping
> the installer we used for the Progeny Debian product into something
> that could be useful to Debian.  We decided to call it "PGI", which
> is short for "Progeny Graphical Installer".  I pronounce it "piggy",
> but you can pronounce it however you want.  :)

PGI's also the name of Portland Group's prominent C/C++/Fortran
compiler suite for Linux and other OSes
(http://www.pgroup.com/). Certainly there'd be no confusion between
the two products once anyone had read the descriptions, but you might
want to rename it.

(CC me on any replies to -devel you want me to see, I'm not subscribed
there)

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu