Re: ae bug reporters e-mail address

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> I've been getting a lot of bug reports from a guy who gives his e-mail
> address as "der.hans<bugs@LuftHans.com".
[..]
> Is this a "valid" address? How do I cope with it? (I guess I could telnet
> to the mail server and bypass pine's checking, but that sounds like real
> work ;-)

I believe it should be 'der.hans <bugs@lufthans.com>'. At least their
MX doesn't seem to like missing closing angles as expected. As far as
I can remember, RFC2822 also suggests that the above wouldn't be a
valid address.

        Goodbyte, Gerd.
--
Gerd Flaig                     Technik                gerd@schlund.de
Bei Schlund + Partner AG       Erbprinzenstr. 4-12  D-76133 Karlsruhe