Subject: [mico-devel] gcc 3.0.4
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:27:17 +0100
From: 520065607613-0001@t-online.de (Frank Pilhofer)
To: Mico Development <mico-devel@mico.org>

   Hi,

 just wanted to let you know that gcc 3.0.4 seems to work well with
Mico (IDL compiler does not core dump any more), as long as you apply
the PR3145 patch that's in the contrib directory.

 I also needed the attached patch to work. So you need to go to gcc's
source directory and do

   patch -p0 < contrib/PR3145.patch
   patch -p0 < gcc-3.0.4.patch

 *before* building gcc.

Frank

--
Frank Pilhofer  ...........................................  fp@fpx.de
How is it that people looking for a helping hand tend to overlook

| Christophe Prud'homme, http://augustine.mit.edu/~prudhomm
| ICQ UIN: 24560867 Alias: Jesunix
| Linux User No: 231917
|
| The Gnu Project's (gnu.org) General Public License (GPL) creates a
| commons of computer programs to which anyone may add but from which no
| one can subtract.
*** gcc/cp/search.c.orig	Tue Feb 26 09:31:37 2002
--- gcc/cp/search.c	Tue Feb 26 09:31:43 2002
***************
*** 474,479 ****
--- 474,480 ----

    for (i = TREE_VEC_LENGTH (bases); i--;)
      {
+       base_kind bk;
        tree base_binfo = TREE_VEC_ELT (bases, i);
        int this_non_public = is_non_public;
        int this_virtual = is_virtual;
*** 494,500 ****
        if (TREE_VIA_VIRTUAL (base_binfo))
  	this_virtual = 1;

!       base_kind bk = lookup_base_r (base_binfo, base,
  				    access, within_current_scope,
  				    this_non_public, this_virtual,
  				    binfo_ptr);
--- 495,501 ----