Re: gpm in standard or not [was: Re: interesting times installing 2.4.17 in Woody...]

On 24-Feb-02, 07:50 (CST), Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> I haven't seen a single system where gpm caused any damage.

I won't claim it's caused any damage, but I've spent a lot of time
fighting it trying to get other things working (X)...and I, personally,
only in my own experience, have found to be far more trouble-causing
than beneficial/useful. The trouble is that I don't do installs often
enough to remember that the first thing I want to do is "dpkg --purge
gmp". So I, for one, would be happier to have it not default in as part
of the basic install.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland