Re: Proposal to help Debian release on time

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 04:59:07PM +0100, David N. Welton wrote:
> Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> writes:
>
> > > Please post all useless ideas to that list;-)
> >
> > I'll subscribe. Thank you for pointing me to this list. BTW, is that
> > the list policy or are useful ideas also allowed? :))
>
> afaik, the policy is that that list is for discussion about the debian
> project, whereas this list is for discussion of technical issues.

According to the webpages, the topic is "Non-technical project-related
discussions". This seems to be a bit offtopic, as I want to discuss
both technical and non-technical issues. Some of them are related to
ports, but using debian-ports for this is also offtopic. (To give you
an idea what I want to discuss,
http://master.debian.org/~brinkmd/arch-handling.txt is one of things
for example)

AFAIK there isn't a good list for discussion those (technical)
things. If there a good list please say it. If there isn't, could it
be created? Or we could change the topic of debian-project to also fit
the discussion of the technical implementation of those changes. (And
maybe the ideas are going to be useful when implemented :-)

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org