Re: kissing exim

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 06:36:12PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 10:58:21PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>
> > I see problem with default exim support script /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim
> > If you dot dial up, message may expire.
> >
> > Replacing /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim, with:
> >
> >       #!/bin/sh
> >       #/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim
> >       for i in /var/spool/exim/msglog/* ; do
> >          exim -M $(echo $i|cut -b24-)
> >       done
> >
> > was suggested on ML once.  I do not know this is better or not.
> > At least exim needs to be dial-up friendly. (I am on cable)
>
> I think you want to just change "-qf" to "-qff" in the default ip-up.d/exim.

Yes, that sounds good, and should be simple to implement ;)

I also have a dialup connexion, and my concern was the following: how could
I make sure that exim tried to deliver all mails from the queue before I
close the connexion ? I mean, if I make a mail with a really big
attachement, click on the send button from my mua, and then, click
immediatly on the button calling "poff". Obviously, the mail was not
delivred. The only solution I've found is to look at a graphical monitor
like gkrellm, and wait that the network interface is not used anymore.
(my main problem is to explain that all to my wife and childrens...)

I agree that this problem is not directly related to exim, but to ppp setup.
I would like to have a something like /etc/ppp/ip-down.d, but which content
would be runned *before* the connexion dies...

Did I miss something obvious ?

Bye, Mt.