Re: Trying to rebuild all of Debian Packages

Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > Such a small portion of packages without them suggests that build deps
> > can become mandatory in policy post woody, I think.
>
> But if a package only requires build-essential to build, it doesn't need to
> list Build-Deps at all.

So? You take this, and you change the "may" to a "must":

     A source package may declare a dependency or a conflict on a binary
     package, indicating which packages are required to be present on the
     system in order to build the binary packages from the source package.

Then you add, "If the source package requires only build-essential packages
to build, it need declare no dependencies or a conflicts."

--
see shy jo, tired of spelling out every word, and nothing that every other
            replier understood what I meant