Re: Trying to rebuild all of Debian Packages

> There were
> $ ls -l FAILED/*.log | wc -l
>     195
> packages which could not be built
>
> There were
> $ ls -l SUCCESS/*.log | wc -l
>    4114
> that built successfully from source.

Not exactly good, but this is such a huge step up from a few years ago
it's astonishing. Mostly due to build deps and the autobuilders I think.

Also, you rebuilt all the arch: all packages, which are not often
autobuilt, and I think that was a fair percentage of the incorrect build
deps problems you filed (it was 100% of the two bugs I got from you
anyway).

> There were
> $ ls -l FAILED/NOBUILDDEP/*.log | wc -l
>     437
> packages which had no build deps

Such a small portion of packages without them suggests that build deps
can become mandatory in policy post woody, I think.

--
see shy jo