Re: New translated APT available

Am 15.02.02 um 13:18:05 schrieb Joey Hess:
> Why are you attempting to bloat the archive with a copy of apt when all
> this could just be integrated into the existing apt? Is Jason not taking
> your patches?

That's exactly the way it seems to me. Jason says "Oh nice" and further
ignores them. Perhaps they're not good enough, but as long as I don't
know what needs to be improved I can't do anything. A seperate package,
while bloat, allows people to use a translated version of apt now
instead of in two years time. It also allows people to choose between
the ultra-stable, bug-free apt, and my version which potentially
introduced release-critical bugs.

I'm trying to be sarcastic, but I'm not good at it today. Sorry.

Bye,
    Mike

--
|=| Michael Piefel                    piefel@informatik.hu-berlin.de