Re: [2002-02-16] Release Status Update

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 12:23:18PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The bad news is that this means we're probably releasing soon, and that of
> the hundreds of less important packages with RC bugs (eg, bugzilla, craft,
> crossfire-{client,server}, epic4, fvwm95, gmc, gnome-admin, intuitively,
> kdepim, moon-lander, tkdesk, wine, and xosview) will be getting randomly
> ripped out of testing (in the case where bugs apply to the version in
> testing, anyway). What this means, is that if packages you're interested
> in have accumulated RC bugs (ie serious, grave or critical) you've almost
> run out of time to get them fixed if you want them released.

[...]

> 	* new incoming's being tested on pandora now (if you're
> 	  interested, see /org/non-us.debian.org/queue) and seems to
> 	  be working out okay, so the whole crypto-in-main transition
> 	  looks like being on track for the first time in history.

What kind of time frame do you foresee for allowing the crypto-in-main
transition to take place?

One of my packages (cupsys) can be compiled with SSL support, and
could benefit greatly from that.  I've been waiting for the transition
to be complete before turning that on.  Will there be time, or will
packages like mine just not have an opportunity to get crypto?